Twenty-three years ago these cookies were delivered to my door after the birth of my daughter. My friend would not share the recipe as it was a family recipe, BUT with a little perseverance, I finally discovered a recipe that leads me to believe the secret is out!! Enjoy!!
Crispy CC Cookies
· 1/2 cup butter
· 1 cup sugar
· 1 egg
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 1/4 cup flour
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 2 cups Rice Krispies or Special K cereal
· 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
· 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
1. Beat butter and sugar together until well blended.
2. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
3. Combine flour, soda and salt.
4. Add to creamed sugar mixture and mix until combined.
5. Stir in rice cereal and chocolate chips (and nuts).
6. Drop by tablespoon onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
7. Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes...or until lightly browned.
8. Allow to cool for several minutes, and then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Or better still...eat them warm!
Yield: about 3 dozen fair-sized cookies.