Monday, April 30, 2012

Recipe from my friend Barb




Hi WEEC listeners,


My friend Barb is such an encouragement to me.  She loves butterflies, & every time I see one, I think of her.


I apologize for the lateness of this post.  Last week was "killer."  :-)  But here it is....


Coca Cola Salad


1-6 oz. pkg. cherry jello
1-6 oz. pkg. strawberry jello
1 jar maraschino cherries
1-20 oz. can crushed pineapple
1- 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temp.
24 oz. coca cola, room temp


Drain juice from cherries & pineapple & save the juice.  Mix the softened cream cheese with the pineapple.  Add cherries.


Mix dry jello and juices in a large pot.  Heat & stir until jello has dissolved.  Allow to cool & add coke.  This may foam up.  Allow the foam to go down & add this mixture to the pineapple/cream cheese mixture. Pour into  9x13 pan.  Chill until firm.


Barb says this goes great with sandwiches or even as a dessert.



                                         Confectionately  Yours,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment