Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Removing Ink Stains


I accidentally washed an ink pen in the pocket of my work clothes.  Thankfully, it was black & my clothes were, too.  No harm done it seemed. However, I didn’t discover my mistake until I opened the dryer & found inky streaks all along the inside that would not come off easily.

After trying several cleaning solutions on the ink, I had success with plain old rubbing alcohol & some elbow grease. 

You would think from this point on, I would be more careful, but I did the exact same thing a few days later!!  Boy, did I feel like a doofus!!

I was reminded that the Lord blots out those sins that stain our life when we confess them to Him.  He remembers them no more, but I need to sometimes remember the pain of my sins so I do not commit them over & over.

The rubbing alcohol removed all but a tiny bit of the ink on the inside of my dryer.  Every time I take out my laundry, I’m reminded to once again check my pockets before washing.  Thankfully, to date, I haven’t washed another pen.


Hopefully, you won’t need the household tip provided today, but we all need to be reminded that a daily renewing & refreshing is necessary if we are to be clean before our Lord.

Confectionately  Yours,

Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment