Monday, March 28, 2011

Circle Of Friends

January through May 2010 found me scuttling back and forth from FT. Wayne, IN to Dayton, OH with truckload after truckload of household goods. I had no TV or internet at the Dayton house since I was only there for a few days at a time to unload, unpack, and oversee a kitchen remodel.

I discovered a wonderful Christian radio station the first night in my creaky home built in 1880. WEEC 100.7 FM was my constant companion.

In June, a new program began when a new host was introduced to the morning 6-8 AM time slot. 'Circle of Friends' launched with an invitation for listeners to contact the station and share their walk with the Lord, their passions, and ministry.

I had just spoken at my church's Mother-Daughter Banquet. Our theme was "The Steps of a Good Woman Are Ordered by the Lord." My walk with Lord changed drastically with my husband's death. Maybe someone could be helped by my experience.

I contacted the station and the date was set for an interview. Meeting the young producer of the program has been the start of a great friendship, and new opportunities.

I had brought my cookbook and some home baked goodies for the staff. To make a long story short (it's too late for that, huh?) I am now a regular part of the Monday and Wednesday morning programing in the 6-7am hour!!

I share recipes, cooking hints, and the often food-related life lessons that God has taught, and continues to teach me.

I had prayed the Prayer of Jabez throughout this bewildering road I was traveling, and the Lord has "enlarged my world", and increased my circle of friends. (pun intended!!)

Stayed tuned for the recipes shared on the program. WEEC.org can access the station via the Internet. My segment???...'Confectionately Yours' sometime around 6:15-6:45AM on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Confectionately Yours,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment