Saturday, March 19, 2011

What Next??

It has been 17 months since the unexpected death of my husband. From the time I fully accepted this new direction my life has taken, I have been wondering, "What now?"

The enjoyable activities that were so much a part of my life in the past actually make me feel tired just thinking about going back to them.

I decorated and catered events for years. I loved all of it-the planning, the gathering of supplies and ideas, the actual event. I would re-hash the details afterward to think through how I would do something differently next time.

I just finished involvement with a Missions conference at my church, and as much as I enjoyed being involved in the decorating and cooking, it has left me feeling exhausted. :-)

I am facing the reality that I am not getting any younger, and that without Greg there to help, I am losing the passion I had for event planning. He was as much a facilitator in my endeavors as I was. Loading, unloading, helping me in any way he could. We were such a team.

BUT...how could I use the experiences I've had without bankrupting my energy levels?

I began praying about this very thing a year ago....and the Lord opened a door.

No comments:

Post a Comment