Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Scotch Shortbread Recipe

God Morning WEEC listeners!!  I'm so glad I can count you in my Circle of Friends.  :-)  Here is today's recipe.....enjoy!!

SCOTCH SHORTBREAD

2 c. butter(no substitutes)
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder

4 c. all purpose four

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add rest of ingredients. Pat into pan about 1/2" thick. sprinkle with sugar. Bake in preheated 350° oven until lightly browned, approximately 15-18 minutes.

Cut upon removing from oven, but do not remove from pan until set. These should be of a crisp buttery texture and you might have to play with the thickness and baking time to achieve this result.

You may also pat this dough into a shortbread pan or cookie mold for baking. There are specialized pans available
for this.

Note: I first tasted this recipe when we were station in Alaska. A friend brought them to give as a secret pal gift. They were still warm from the oven and were heavenly!!! I was not her secret pal, but that day I wished I was!!! I make these in heart panss to give on Valentines day to my kids teachers and to special friends.

Confectionately Yours,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment