Monday, June 27, 2011

Chocolate Delight




Have I mentioned that I hate surprises??  I guess it is a control issue.  I always want to look at the very least reasonably decent when someone comes to see me.

Now I have 4 levels of clothing in my closet.  My very best that I am not ashamed to be seen in, my daily casual clothes, also OK for wearing out and about , my comfortable around the house clothes that I prefer NOT to be seen in, and my cleaning -the -house clothes. To coin a phrase- I wouldn’t want to be caught dead in these!!!

My friend Leah had tried to surprise me in the past, but told my husband of the plan…and he of course, spilled the beans to me.  So, actress that I am, I was able to pretend that Leah from OH showing up on my IN doorstep was a huge surprise.

Of course, the house was clean, I had a meal prepared, and was wearing a decent outfit.  It was a fun surprise!

I made the mistake of introducing my good friend Leah in OH to my good friend Pam from IN.  I’m kidding about this…it wasn’t a mistake, and the 2 really enjoyed meeting each other.  But when my husband was out of town on business, they conspired together to surprise me with a visit on my birthday.

Of course, the house was disheveled, I had on no make-up, and a frozen pizza was on the menu that night.

I am ashamed to admit it, but I was pretty irritated at their little impromptu party where I was caught looking like something the dog dragged up.  It took a few minutes, but I got over my pride.

It is true that had I known they were pulling these shenanigans, I would have been better prepared, but the end result was good. We talked, laughed, & ate chocolate.  I knew they loved me just as I was.

 You know folks, Jesus is coming back unannounced.  The bible tells us to live our lives in such a way that we are not caught off guard at His return.  If you have accepted Him as Savior, He will take you as you are.  But honestly, wouldn’t YOU rather be prepared for His coming and unashamed at how he finds you.  I sure would.

 I want to talk, and laugh, and perhaps even eat chocolate at the marriage supper of the Lamb. 

Here is the recipe for Chocolate Delight.  It is heavenly!!
CHOCOLATE DELIGHT
1 stick butter or margarine, melted
1/2 c. confectioners sugar
1 c. pecans
3 pkgs. instant chocolate pudding (four serving size box)
1 c. all purpose flour
24 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
4-1/2 c. milk
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
Place nuts into food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add in flour and melted butter. Pulse to combine. Press crust into 9 x 13 sheet pan.

Bake in a preheated 350° degree oven for 12-18 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely.

In mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add confectioners sugar and beat.
Scrape down sides and beat until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Mix the pudding and the milk until well combined.
While still fluid, pour the pudding over the cream layer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours. Before serving, spread the remaining whipped topping and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Note: This recipe has been around for years and it is one my daughter wants for her birthday instead of cake. Once I served it to a friend who had never had it before and I declare...he swooned!! Substitute lemon for the chocolate if you wish. It's sooo good!!
Confectionately Yours,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment