Friday, December 2, 2011

Holiday Fruit Salad

MILLIONAIRE SALAD or Holiday Fruit Salad

2 c. whipping cream

1 sm. can mandarin oranges, well drained

1 (20-oz.) can crushed pineapple, well drained

1 (6-oz.) jar maraschino cherries, drained and halved

2 c. fruit cocktail, well drained

1/2 c. pecans, toasted and chopped

2 c. mini marshmallows


Beat cream until stiff. Fold in marshmallows, then gently add the fruits and nuts.

Refrigerate until serving time.


Note: This salad was on every holiday menu when I was growing up. I don't

remember having it any other time of the year, so this dish always takes me back to

my childhood. Mother used mostly the fruit cocktail, but I've added extra "stuff" when

I have made it. I expect you will too. That's the great thing about most recipes-you can

make them "yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment