Monday, September 9, 2013

The Unexpected Appointment


I received a notice in the mail that there was a possible danger to the car my daughter drives.  The company would fix it for free, but we needed to make contact & set up an appointment for repairs.

I know this doesn’t sound like a big deal, but these kind of unexpected things are what “upsets my apple cart” so to speak.  Yes, there is ANOTHER thing placed on my to-do list!!  And the car is located 3 hours away where my daughter goes to college.

As with most things, I spend more time dreading them than they actually take to accomplish!!  I called & talked with the nicest man named Mike.  I explained the situation, & that my daughter drove the vehicle & that I, the owner, lived in OH.
 
Mike assured me my presence wasn’t needed in Ft. Wayne for the repairs to be done.  I simply had to give permission & have my daughter call to set up the appointment.

I’m not sure how we got our wires crossed with the dealership, but repairman Mike made an 8am appointment for Thursday, and left a message for my daughter informing her of the same.  Thankfully, her schedule accommodated this.

Spiritually speaking, I’m reminded that we all have an eternal appointment someday.   It is with our Creator God, & He sets the date & time.  Yes, we want to put off this appointment as long as possible.  We have things we wish to have & do, a family to raise, & career goals in place.  
I’m grateful that on that day appointed for me, that the blood of Jesus will cover my sins.  I accepted Him as my Savior at the age of 16.  He has been so faithful to me.
Since I talked about having my “apple cart upset” earlier in the segment, I think I will share a recipe for Apple Cranberry bread today.  If I still lived in Ft. Wayne, IN, I might just bake a loaf to thank repairman Mike for getting the job done so quickly. 

APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD
2 eggs                                                         1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/4 c. sugar                                                1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 T. canola or vegetable oil                           1/4 c. pineapple juice
1-1/2 c. all purpose flour                                2 c. tart apples, peeled and chopped
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder                                1 c. fresh or frozen cranberries
1 tsp. ground cinnamon                                  1/2 c. walnuts

In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs,sugar, and oil. Combine the flour, baking powder,
cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Add to egg mixture until just combined. 

Add pineapple juice and stir in the apples, cranberries and nuts. 

Spray an 8 in. x 4 in. loaf pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 350° oven for 50-60 minutes or  until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before  removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Note: This loaf freezes well and can also be baked in smaller individual loaf pans.
Decrease the baking time to 25-30 minutes, but test for doneness before time allowed
and adjust baking time as needed. Wrap well in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag
for up to 2 months. Be sure to label and date your baked goods.

Confectionately  Yours,

Sue



No comments:

Post a Comment